[Wien] Volume has changed during running optimization of c/a with constant volume & b/a

Tomas Kana kana at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 12 13:45:32 CEST 2020

Dear Shamik,
Ok, I undestand your point.
But anyway, I think, that the problem comes
from your equation.
If you want to relax c/a with constant volume and
constant b/a then I would prefer these eqations:
original c/a = cAoriginal
b/a = bAconstant
new c/a = cAnew

original volume a*b*c
new volume (the same as original)
aNew * bNew * cNew  =
aNew * (aNew * bAConstant) * (aNew * cAnew) =
aNew^3 * bAConsant*cAnew = original volume
You choose your desired cAnew and know0 bAconstant
and the original volume.
In this way, you obtain the aNew and it is easy to
obtain bNew and cNew then. But I still do not understand the
parameter x in your eqation.
Maybe this could be the source of your error?
Hope this helps
Tomas

Dear Tomas,

                 I am sorry to say that you have misunderstood my equation. I have used abcx^3 = a'b'c' where a', b' and c' are the new lattice parameters & not the old a,b,c !!! :)

with regards,