[Wien] Volume has changed during running optimization of c/a with constant volume & b/a

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 12 18:38:40 CEST 2020

Just to contribute to the complicated algebra:

With your struct file the volume (:VOL in scf) is:
:VOL  : UNIT CELL VOLUME =    1072.33603

This is different from what you wrote in your email ??? !!!!
 > coming as 1073.2425 bohr^3 which get doubles when we consider ....

If I do
x optimize
option 3    (not 2, which is for tetragonal and hexagonal lattices!!!!)
and 0 and 2% change:

  ca-test_coa____0.00.struct

  11.264663 11.699300 16.273574 90.000000
  ca-test_coa____2.00.struct