[Wien] Xcrysden issues with w2web

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Jun 23 07:39:49 CEST 2020

As was already hinted at in [1], if you need more help, you probably
need describe better what you system(s) configuration is like such as
are you only using w2web and xcrysden in Ubuntu locally (physical Linux
box or in a virtual machine) or are you connecting to them remotely?

If you have defined $DISPLAY, w2web might just pick that up.  If you
know Perl, I suggest you have a look at
$WIENROOT/SRC_w2web/htdocs/util/viewcrys.pl.

The xserver that you mentioned, is it setup for X11 forwarding?  If you
are not using w2web locally with an offline setup [2], but are instead
using an online setup were w2web is connected to the internet (or a
local network) and is unable to get xcrysden to open in w2web, are you
able to get it to open instead using an ssh connection with X11
forwarding?  Refer to [3,4].

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg20243.html

[2]