[Wien] Ghost bands problem

姜若诗 ruoshijiang at sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Mar 2 05:40:32 CET 2020

Dear experts,

Thank you so much for your answer.

Let me repeat my question more in detail.

a) First , I use WIEN2k 19.1 to do the whole calculation. So I think it’s not the version problem.
b) My system is Nd, Sr, Ni, O. I use LSDA+U calculation. If I do the supercell of 3*3*1 everything is ok, I can get the beautiful results. However, when I do the supercell of 3*3*3 or 2*2*3, the ghost bands will showed up and the calculation will stop in lapw2. So I just wonder why in this particular supercell, the problem happened.
c) When I initialized the system, the setrmt  I enter the reduction in 0% . So the RMT for Nd Sr Ni O is 2.5 2.43 1.98 1.70. And the nn set I just use the default 2. Everything else I use the default, the Ecut is -6 Ry. And the I do the spin polarized calculation and plus the orbital U into the system.
d) I don’t quite understand what is the HDLO in case.in1. I think the problem maybe is the Nd has two energy found too close to each other. However, in the other good calculation, the case.in1 is same for Nd, only the Ef is different, the Ef is much smaller than other case, the Ef in 3*3*1 is 0.656 Ry. Is this the problem? How can I fix the problem?

Looking forward to your reply!

WFFIL  EF=.3000   (WFFIL, WFPRI, ENFIL, SUPWF)
 7.00     10   4   ELPA pxq BL 64 (R-MT*K-MAX,MAX L IN WF,V-NMT,LIB)
  0.30    6  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global APW/LAPW)
 0    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
 0   -2.96     0.0001 STOP 1
 1    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
 1   -1.48     0.0010 CONT 1