[Wien] error in lapw1: 'INILPW' - Invalid k-point file on unit 0

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Mar 7 13:07:56 CET 2020

In case.in1(c), the lapw1 program expects to read a line similar to:

K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4 -9.0 1.5 187 emin / de (emax=Ef+de) / nband

With regards to the "Invalid k-point file on unit   0" error below, the
important part is:

K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4

The "K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:" must be there with no handmade changes to
it.  For example, a space cannot be put in front of it:

(space)K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:

In the above where the "4" is, there must be a value greater than 1 but
less than 100.  It must also read that line and not a blank line.

For example, if the ndiff value and number ENERGY PARAMETER lines does
not match, it can lead to that error as seen in the post at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16452.html

If that doesn't help solve the problem, you probably need send the
entire case.in1(c) file as an attachment (or a link to the file if it is
too big for the mailing list, e.g., Google Drive).