[Wien] TELNES calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 24 08:05:43 CET 2020

ad 1) no case.inm has no effect on telnes. It is used only during run_lapw.
ad 2) Yes, you should do the calculations for all non-equivalent O atoms
and sum the results including their multiplicity. (at least when you see
some differences in their corresponding DOS).

What you did not mention: You should create a supercell and create the
core holes in the supercells. Please read the corresponding literature
(or the XAS/TELNES sections in the UG and in our workshop lectures).

And: LuFeO3 is certainly a correlated material. Use GGA+U or mBJ for
these calculations.