[Wien] dos with mbj for a semiconductor & dos with GGA for a metal

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:42:53 CET 2020

Dear Sir,
             I want to compare the electronic structure of a metal (which
is one of the precursor before a chemical reaction is initiated) and a
semiconductor (which is one of the product after a chemical reaction is
completed). I am sending the two DOS of Sn among which one is simulated
with GGA (which gives a metal) and another is simulated with mbj (gives a
semiconductor). Now, Sn is a metal & hence should we conclude mbj is not
appropriate for Sn? Also is it right to compare two DOS among which one is
obtained with mbj & another is obtained with plain GGA?

Due to space limitation I am sending the DOS of Sn obtained with mbj & with
GGA through two successive mails.

with regards,