[Wien] Questions about difference electron density map

Ding Peng ding.peng at monash.edu
Sat May 2 18:41:52 CEST 2020

Dear Dr Fabien Tran,

Thanks for your reply. Very clear explanation as it is always.

I got another question about the difference charge density calculation.
For magnetic materials (including ferromagnetic, anti ferromagnetic or
quadrupolar-antiferromagntic materials etc.), what I can think of to
calculate the difference charge density is

1) calculate the valence charge density (option “rho”) for spin-up
electrons (x lapw5 -up)

2) calculate the valence charge density (Option “rho” for spin-down
electrons (x lapw5 -dn)

3) sum 1 and 2 and subtract them by the superposed atomic valence densities
(option “Over”.

Can I ask if this is correct way to do the calculation of the difference
charge density for magnetic materials? and also if there is an automatic
option to directly calculate it in Wien2k “, just like option “Diff” for
non-magnetic materials ?

Many thanks,
Ding