[Wien] x lstart -sigma: key Print/No doesn't work

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 6 17:17:56 CEST 2020

You have 2 options to generate case.sigma:

a)  x lstart -sigma
    In this case, the default cast.inst file will be taken (assuming it
has a structure of ([noble gas],valence electrons)) and all N will be
exchanged to P. So all states beyond the closed shell of the previous
noble gas are valence electrons. The resulting file is called:
case.inst_sigma   and the x script will in fact generate a lstart.def
file with case.inst_sigma. (and yes, case.inst itself is not modified).

b) You produce your own case.inst with P instead of N as you like (maybe
expanding the "noble gases" explicitly, ...). Then you execute
x lstart  (without -sigma) and the corresponding states will be written
to case.sigma.