[Wien] Use of -in1new switch

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 6 19:16:03 CEST 2020

The in1new switch was develope some time ago as an attempt to give
automatically "optimal E-parameters".

This is true in some cases, however, there are cases where in1new
produces a nonsense in1 file. For those reasons it is no longer
recommended (see UG), unless you "know what you are doing".

Compare the case.in1 files, with/without in1new. Also one needs to know
which atoms are there and the corresponding scf1 files are neessary to
find out what the problem is.

Are there any  WARNINGS in these scf runs ?

Most likely, forget the in1new results.