[Wien] MBJ fails to produce gap unto 0.6 for VO2 M1 phase

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Wed May 13 09:08:41 CEST 2020

Thank you Fabien for your comment.

I was not thinking that the energy can be used in mBJ. It remains
qualitative and not quantitative I imagine, because we cannot optimize
the geometry with mBJ. Thus these mBJ in the table can be viewed as
pertubation of the LDA ones, which are not self-consistent. Is it the idea?

Le 13/05/2020 à 08:50, Tran, Fabien a écrit :

> Regarding the mBJLDA results in Table I of PRB 86, 075149 (2012), they
> are incorrect as Xavier wrote. By default, the LDA energy is used with
> mBJLDA potential. So, these results in Table I correspond to the LDA
> functional evaluated with the mBJLDA orbitals. In some sense they are
> interesting since they show that the LDA functional can provide
> correct trends provided that better orbitals are used.

ICAMM2019 : VASP Workshop and International Materials Modelling Conf
June 26-July 3 2019, Rennes France
icamm2019.sciencesconf.org  : Registration opening soon, see you there!