[Wien] New installation of W2k

Arthur H. Edwards edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 26 04:43:04 CEST 2020

YES! So, I downloaded and compiled 19.2 three days ago, including, for the first time openblas. However, deep in my .cshrc file, it seems that I'm still pointing to an older version of WIEN2k. It seems that W2k has stopped putting $WIENROOT, etc. at the bottom of .cshrc. Now, when I run init_lapw I get:

Number and name of space group: 216 (F -4 3 m)
-----> check in GaN_3dc.outputsgroup for proper symmetry, compare
 with your struct file and later with GaN_3dc.outputs
 sgroup has also produced a new struct file based on your old one.
 If you see warnings above, consider to use the newly generated
 struct file, which you can view (edit) now.
-----> continue with symmetry (old case.struct) or use/edit GaN_3dc.struct_sgroup ? (c/e)
next is symmetry
> symmetry (20:38:44) SPACE GROUP DOES NOT CONTAIN INVERSION
0.000u 0.002s 0:00.00 0.0% 0+0k 0+48io 0pf+0w
-----> check in GaN_3dc.outputs the symmetry operations,
 the point symmetries and compare with results from sgroup
 if you find errors (often from rounding errors of positions), apply x patchsymm

and the directory contains

GaN_3dc.in0_st GaN_3dc.outputkgen GaN_3dc.struct_setrmt
GaN_3dc.in1c GaN_3dc.outputnn GaN_3dc.struct_sgroup
GaN_3dc.in1_st GaN_3dc.outputs GaN_3dc.struct_st
GaN_3dc.in2c GaN_3dc.outputsgroup GaN_3dc.vspdn_st

I can't thank you enough for sticking with this through several iterations. Now, I hope that my next questions will be more substantive.

Art Edwards

--
 Arthur H. Edwards
edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm