[Wien] LAPW1 error

Israel Omar Perez Lopez israel.perez at uacj.mx
Mon Oct 5 14:22:36 CEST 2020

Hi

That same problem happens to me with version 19.1 and 19.2 for some basic structures (for instance Li Im-3m) using ifort 2018, that doesn't happen with gfortran for version 18 or 19. I do not know why. But when it happens, I use the .machines file and set the omp_global to 1 and run in parallel. The error no longer appears. Apparently, there is a problem with the OMP_NUM_THREADS variable. If during installation of Wien2k the system detects 2 cores, but you set it 4 or 8, those kinds of errors show up. In my case, I have 4 cores in a laptop. If I set it to 4 the problem shows up every time a SCF is executed. Then I set to 2 and works fine for most structures but in some fails. In those cases I create the .machines and set omp_global to 1 and no error is issued.

Hope this helps

Dr. Israel P?rez

Institute of Engineering and Technology
Department of Physics and Mathematics,
Universidad Aut?noma de Ciudad Ju?rez
Av. del Charro 450 Nte., Col. Partido Romero,
Ciudad Ju?rez, Juarez Chihuahua. Mexico C. P. 32310
Tel: +52 (656) 688 4887

National Council of Science and Technology
Insurgentes Sur No. 1582,
Col. Cr?dito Constructor,  C.P. 03940
Del. Benito Ju?rez, M?xico D. F.