[Wien] Merging WIENncm with main Wien2k

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 20 08:21:39 CEST 2020

At the moments there are no plans to merge WIENncm with WIEN2k.

One reason is that a real merger would be quite difficult.
The other is, that the author of WIENncm, Robert Laskowski has left us a
couple of years ago and is now working in Singapoore with limited time
for such developments.

However, what one definitely should do it to update Wienncm to
incorporate the main speedups which were done in the WIEN2k code. This
concerns mainly the lapw1ncm part (omp, "ELPA" !!, but also hamilt and
hns have been speeded up significantly), but lapw0 (speedup, omp) and
also a more recent mixer.

It is simply a problem of manpower ! In any case, if somebody volunteers
to update some parts I'd appreciate if he sends me his improved version.

Best regards
Peter Blaha