[Wien] Born effective charge calculation

Rubel, Oleg rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Mon Sep 7 17:41:12 CEST 2020

To add to the discussion, here is a tutorial "Born effective charge of GaN" from the last WIEN2k workshop (http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/events/ws2019/Exercises_19-tot.pdf). In this case LDA performs very well. One can try to do TBmBJ to see a difference.

Some systems with a small Eg (for example InN) have Eg = 0 at LDA/GGA level, which created a problem for Berry phase calculations that need a gap. In this case TBmBJ (or DFT+U) would be your best option.

I hope it will help
Oleg

--
Oleg Rubel (PhD, PEng)