[Wien] error in wien2k

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:04:50 CEST 2021

Several Points:

a) Please read http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/mailing_list/ for information
on what type of information is needed before you make a post. For certain
you have not provided enough.

b) The error being reported is correct (albeit with a spelling error). You
probably have overlapping atoms due to inaccurate positions, partial
occupancies, inappropriate units (confused au and Angstroms) or similar.
Please use a code to view your structure. Many people use Xcrygen; I like
Atoms (www.shapesoftware.com/)

c) Probably the CIF is wrong. While CIF is a standard, unfortunately
certain sources (e.g. other DFT codes) do not perform the translation
correctly. You may also have typed in the command incorrectly.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:43 AM <413119008 at nitt.edu> wrote:

> Sir,
>
> I am using Wien2k19.2 in my workstation with ubuntu  os and when i try
> to generate the structure by generating template and giving the
> lattice parameters manually and then run initialiastion, i am getting
> the following error
>

> next is setrmt
>   next is nn
> STOP NN ENDS
>   specify nn-bondlength factor: (usually=2) [and optionally dlimit,
> dstmax (about 1.d-5, 20)]
>   DSTMAX:   34.677261360000003
>   iix,iiy,iiz           5           5           5   31.670405000000002
>         31.670405000000002        156.20388000000000
>

> UNPHYSICAL RROR: Your sphere sizes are unphysically small !!!!
>         Most likely your structure is WRONG and will lead to a crash later
>         You should probably stop and recheck your struct file
>
> ERROR: automatic initialization stopped due to problems above.
>
>   also when i try to import the structure file in cif format the
> system is not accepting.so i request you to help me in this regard
>
> with regards
>

>   Narayanan Namoodiri

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University