[Wien] Compiling WIEN2k21: error with findloc in lapw0_mpi

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 15 11:06:01 CEST 2021

      |FINDLOC| — Search an array for a value

is a standard Fortran function (2008 standard). It is available in
gfortran (at least in version 10) and also in newer ifort versions.

It could be that your ifort v17 does not support it yet. I suggest to
upgrade to the new intel compiler+library+mpi suite "oneapi" (which is
free of charge and available from Intel).

Alternatively you have to replace this call by an explicit loop over the
atoms

Am 15.04.2021 um 09:59 schrieb pboulet:
> Hello,
>
> It seems there is a problem with findloc in lapw0_mpi. The program
> does not compile. The error message is:
> SRC_lapw0/compile.msg:lapw0.F(2370): error #6404: This name does not
> have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [FINDLOC]
>
> I am using intel fortran compiler( v. 17), with intelmpi (5.1.3.25).
>
> Could you please give a hint on how to solve the problem?
>
> Best,
> Pascal
>

> Pascal Boulet
>> /Professor in computational materials chemistry - DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY/
> University of Aix-Marseille - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen -
> F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
> Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
> Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr>

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at