[Wien] unable to find the "x" executable path at Cray node

venky ch chvenkateshphy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:15:54 CEST 2021

Dear Wien2k Users,

While running the Job at service nodes at Cray XC 40,  the wien2k
calculations doesn"t find the executable path for "x". It is giving an
error saying "/var//opt/cray/alps/spool/1018731/x: Command not found."

But when I run the same at my folder terminal, it gave me correct path
(where the wie2k has been installed) as given below

==========
isuch at login4:~/wiensim/cray/cv2101/cv210102> which x
/home/proj/21/isuch/soft/cray/wien2k/x
========

I have already pre-defined the wien2k root path in the job submission
script additionally. Later, I have also defined the path of executable "x"
using alias as given below in the job script.

======
alias x="/home/proj/21/isuch/soft/cray/wien2k/x"
=========

But there is no use and the same error occurred repeatedly. Why the "x"
executable path is directed automatically to another path instead of the
wien2k root path.

thanks,

Venkatesh
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Department of Instrumentation and Applied Physics
IISc Bangalore, India