[Wien] Fermi surface with orbital characters

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 27 11:03:45 CEST 2021

Not that I know.

As you may know, WIEN2k can do bandstructures with "character-plotting",
so that it is fairly easy to identify manually which band (Fermi surface
sheet) has which orbital character.

However, there is no graphical solution, because unfortunately Xcrysden
cannot colour an isosurface based on some other property.

As far as I know, VESTA can visualize isosurfaces and colour it
according to some property. One would need to write a corresponding
interface and put the data from a case.qtl file into the corresponding
VESTA format.

Regards

Peter Blaha

Am 27.08.2021 um 10:34 schrieb Anatoly Slobodchikov:
> Dear Wien2k Users,
>
> is there a way to obtain a Fermi surface with orbital characters?
>
> So far I have only found a solution for Quantum-ESPRESSO
> https://fermisurfer.osdn.jp/en/_build/html/qe.html#compute-and-display-projection-onto-the-atomic-orbital
>
> I'm wondering if there is one for Wien2k.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Anatoly Slobodchikov,
> junior researcher,
> Laboratory of Theoretical Physics,
> Institute of Electrophysics, UD RAS, Russia

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at