[Wien] Error In lapw2 while doing AFM calculation

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 18:42:52 CEST 2021

The .vsp from a non-spin polarized calculation (run_lapw) doesn't seem
right.  It probably should be reading .vspup (or .vspdn) based on
uplapw2.error for a spin polarized calculation.

As described at [1], mixing those can cause issues.  You might try
moving all files from the NaYbO1 directory except for NaYbO1.struct,
initialize (init_lapw), and then run the calculation again (runsp_lapw).

If you are still getting the Ghostband error, you would have to look
into why whether that be due to an issue with the setup struct file or
something else [2-4].

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg18853.html
[2] WIEN2k 21.1 userguide page 254 section "12.1 Ghost bands":
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf
[3] http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/qtlb.html
[4]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg13577.html