[Wien] How to find the exact value of infinte epsilon?

Atefe Marasi 13marasi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:48:23 CET 2021

Thanks for sharing your opinion about this issue,

In agreement with Gavin Abo, I also think that the definition of this
optical parameter have been missed.
We must pay attention to some important points:

*we are speaking about optical properties and all parameters like
wavelength and frequency are all in this range.

*epsilon_oo is originate from the background polarization of materials.

 In practice, the best value for  n_oo or epsilon_oo cannot be easily
determined except by trial and error.
Instead, one possibility is to take the value of the refractive index in
the NIR at the point of minimum  dispersion as n_oo
(or of the real part of the dielectric function as
eosolon_oo), before dispersion due to the
vibrational transitions sets in markedly[1].

It will be great if someone could corrects or complements me.

best wishes
Atefe Marasi

[1].
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350063082_Wave_optics_in_Infrared_Spectroscopy