[Wien] Large forces appeared when calculating total energy after structure optimization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Feb 6 17:40:36 CET 2021

All we can say is that you have done somewhere a mistake.

It is important that you not just "describe" what you did, but list the
actual commands.

Did you use the same   runsp command during "optimization" ?

Could it be that you restarted the final SCF from "scratch" ???
In DFT+U you might have ended up in a different state when starting with
dstart densities without *dmat* files.

Compare your total energies of best optimization and the final SCF.
Which one is lower ?