[Wien] segmentation fault in lapwso

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 10 14:40:36 CEST 2021

Please set OMP_NUM_THREADS to 1 and rerun.

I had such a seg.fault once and suspect that there is a problem either
with our OMP parallelization or the pthread-library.

If I remember correctly, it even worked with OMP_NUM_THREADS=6 ! and my
conclusion was that it was a problem with intel.

Otherwise, compile with -C and rerun,  and/or

compile with gfortran and openblas if possible

and finally, we need the case for debugging.

Regards

Am 10.06.2021 um 13:17 schrieb Fecher, Gerhard:
> Dear all,
> while running a -so calculation I hit a segmentation fault in lapwso (see below) with the latest version Wien2k21.1 that does NOT appear in 19.2.
> (appeared for two different systems in fresh directories)
>
> Did someone experience the same, or did I miss a report and may be not up to date?
>
> I used all settings the same (mostly default values), and the same compilers and options (Intel OneAPI 2021 2.0 and Parallel Studio XE 2017.4.056) for both versions, 21.1 and 19.2
>
> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
> Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
> lapwso             000000000046CE0A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> libpthread-2.22.s  00002AFBCC6DAB10  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> libiomp5.so        00002AFBCCF2C8E8  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> lapwso             000000000049F7A6  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> lapwso             0000000000421E9E  hmsec_                    926  hmsec.F
>
> line 926 is;       deallocate(meigve)
> indeed, if  this is the correct line at all.
>
> indeed in 21.2 (I have seen that hmsec.F is different in 19.2)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions that help
>
> Gerhard
>
> DEEP THOUGHT in D. Adams; Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:
> "I think the problem, to be quite honest with you,
> is that you have never actually known what the question is."

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at