[Wien] segmentation fault in lapwso

Laurence Marks l-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Jun 11 11:14:14 CEST 2021

One thing to check is virtual memory fragmentation, e.g. do "cat /proc/buddy_info". (Please google this, the /proc directory has a lot of useful information.)

Some sources say that memory fragmentation "does not occur" in Linux, but others that it does. My experience is that it does, and can lead to significant slowdowns. It is not impossible that this is connected if rebooting works (for a bit).

----
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
"Research is to see what everyone else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi