[Wien] Install Wien2k using oneAPI

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 11 16:59:50 CET 2021

I just installed oneAPI today  (it is free !!!). You need the Base and
the HPC (high performance computing) toolkit.

It was trivial to install, but the setting of the environment is
slightly different.

Once installed, WIEN2k compiles with the standard option (ifort+mkl)
without any changes.

Am 11.03.2021 um 16:52 schrieb Laurence Marks:
> Since nobody has responded, I will. I have oneAPI running without any
> issue for some months. Of course sometimes the installation is tricky.
> I suggest going ahead, then coming back to the list if there are any
> problems.
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 12:38 AM Riyajul Islam <riyajul80 at gmail.com
> <mailto:riyajul80 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Wien2k users,
>     I have used Intel parallel studio for intel fortran compiler to
>     install Wien2k 19.2 but the license has expired. As they have
>     recently transitioned from Intel Parallel Studio XE to Intel
>     oneAPI, so is there any way that I can install Wien2k using Intel
>     oneAPI?
>
>     Kind regards
>     --
>     Riyajul Islam
>     National Institute of Technology Nagaland

> --
> Professor Laurence Marks
> Department of Materials Science and Engineering
> Northwestern University
> www.numis.northwestern.edu <http://www.numis.northwestern.edu/>
> "Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
> nobody else has thought" Albert Szent-Györgyi

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at