[Wien] MPI error

leila mollabashi le.mollabashi at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:37:50 CEST 2021

Dear all WIEN2k users,
Thank you for your guides.
>take care on the correct location ...
It is the /usr/share/Modules/init
After adding the “source /usr/share/Modules/init/tcsh” line in to the
script the same error appeared:
mpirun: command not found

In fact, with and without “source /usr/share/Modules/init/tcsh” it is
written in slurm.out file that “ module load complete ”.

I noticed that “export” is also the bash command so I used these commands
to path the openmpi and fftw:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/lib:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/fftw/3.3.8_gcc620/lib
set path = ($path
/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/bin:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/fftw/3.3.8_gcc620/bin)
But result is the same:
bash: mpirun: command not found

By using this line in the script:
/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/bin/mpiexec
/home/users/mollabashi/codes/v21.1/run_lapw -p
The calculation stopped with the following error:
mpirun does not support recursive calls

> I wonder that you have only single modules…
There are different versions of ifort and mkl: ifort/15.0.0, ifort/15.0.3,
ifort/17.0.1, ifort/19.1.3.304(default) mkl/11.2, mkl/11.2.3.187
mkl/2017.1.132,
mkl/2019.2.187, mkl/2020.0.4(default). I used the defaults
> you may also wish to make a single module file to be loaded…
That is a good idea.
> On our cluster we have different W2k modules ….
As you know WIEN2k is not a free code and the users of the cluster that I
am using are not registered WIEN2k users. Thus, according to my moral
commitment to the WIEN2k developers, I cannot ask the administrator to
install it on the cluster. I should install it on my user account.

Sincerely yours,
Leila
>PS.: maybe one should mention this tcsh "problem" in the slurm.job example
on the FAQ page by adding (or similar)…
That is a good idea. Thank you for your suggestion.