[Wien] Optimization of an spinel structure

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Nov 2 08:52:18 CET 2021

In this particular case, if your x parameter is other then 1/4 then you are not longer in space group 227 already in the non magnetic case,
your Wyckoff positions in SG 227 are 16-fold for A and 8 -fold for both B and X degenerate
now if you put x = 1/4 + delta, then the site for the X atoms wouldl be 32-fold degenerate (in SG 227)

It seems your structure is ill defined from the beginning, you need to use the correct spave group.

It seems you just try to use the highest symmetry for a non-magnetic case to model the antiferromagnetic state, this is doubtful.
you need to test also other arrangements, check the possible magnetic space groups.
Just to mention, if you have a frustrated system with non-collinear spins, then you may not just set them up and down
you can do it, but what do you learn ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher