[Wien] Continuing confusion in dos...

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:09:01 CET 2021

There is the following, but maybe it will not help since it is just a
list of links to previous posts already given in the mailing list.

At [1], it advises to use "at least one iteration".

In your post at [2] if I have interpreted it correctly, you have a 3D
structure (cubic spinel supercell with 56 atoms).

With regards to your 2x2x1 k-mesh, I have seen k-meshes, such as 3x3x1
[3], with 1 k-point in the z-direction like that used for 2D structures
[modeled in 3D as a supercell with vacuum (which might also go by the
names surface [4], slab, or monolayer)].  Though, maybe more than 1
k-point in the z-direction is need for some 3D structures.

Post at [5] mentions a 2x2x2 is a fine start.  Then, from there you
could increase the k-mesh (e.g., 3x3x3, ..., 5x5x5, ...) for k-point
convergence testing.

In post [6], it looks like 6x6x6 was a k-mesh were k-point convergence
was being reached in many cases.

It also looked like in [7] for DOS with -hf that it could be important
that convergence testing had been done with nband in case.inhf.

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg20756.html
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg21511.html