[Wien] Basic question regarding mixing parameter & force optimization

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 6 10:03:00 CEST 2021

I think that the original question of Shamik concerns PORT, and not MSR1. In some cases, in particular with non-standard potentials, I could converge only with PORT and with a very small mixing (typically 0.02). Then, I was checking what happens if the calculation is restarted (after a save_lapw) with normal mixing scheme (MSR1 with 0.20), and in most cases (but not all) it was ok (no pseudo-convergence).