[Wien] Warning in total energy

Anupriya Nyayban mamaniphy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:51:38 CEST 2021

Dear experts and users,

I have done the scf calculation (parallel) of a structure of 2_P-1 space
group varying 6-8 RKmax from a HPC (Processor: dual socket 18 core per
socket intel skylake processor, RAM: 96 GB ECC DDR4 2133 MHz RAM in
balanced configuration, Operating system: CentOS-7.3, using compiler/intel
2018.5.274) with Wien2k19.1. I have seen that warning appears in the total
energy for last few steps of scf file corresponding to each RKmax.
Analysing the scf file, I have seen the following warning messages:
      "Warning: Error in reading files, restarted.
        Warn: P(J, JATOM) almost zero (-0.487E-03). Shifted energy by -0.01
down to 0.2949".
I could see there is no other error. Prof. Laurence Marks once suggested
this is due to a compiler bug. If this is the case, what should I do (May I
proceed with the calculations)?
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you!!

--