[Wien] The problem for atomic forces in the supercells of lanthanides compounds

Artem Tarasov artem.tarasov at spbu.ru
Sun Sep 5 02:27:18 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

thank you all for your interest in my problem. L. Marks was absolutely
right, and it was all my silly mistake that I had forgotten to switch
the TOT mode to FOR in case.in2 (c) when I looked at the forces in the
supercell after the density was converged. Thanks for the help. The
values: MMI and :CTO and: QTL, as well as the total energies of the
cells are just fine. But only if the k-grid shift is rejected. If I
use the 6x6 grid for the 2x2 supercell with the k-grid shift, total
energies are slightly different as well as other quantities. I note
that I understand the limitations of the open core approximation, but
in my calculations of crystal electric field parameters it is an
absolutely necessary step.

Best regards,
Artem Tarasov
Department of Solid State Electronics