[Wien] running wien2k using aprun command at Cray XC40

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 14:08:59 CEST 2021

If there are 96 instances, that means that aprun is your Cray version of
mpirun. In that case it is what you use when you define the parallel
options (WIEN_MPI_RUN) in WIEN2K_parallel_options (normally when you setup
the codr).

You need to work out how to generate your .machines file. This file tells
the W2k scripts how to split up the tasks for parallel operation. Please
read carefully the section in the user guide on this -- then read it again
at least once more! As part of this you need to know how to submit a job,
and pass options and PATH parameters.

If you just ask your sysadmin "how do I run Wien2k", I am not surprised
that they are not so helpful. What you need to do is sit down with them
with the documentation and perhaps a dosa, and go over what is needed.

As I mentioned before, I don't use a Cray so it is hard to give accurate
advice.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Györgyi