[Wien] running wien2k using aprun command at Cray XC40

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 17:39:53 CEST 2021

1) For lapw0, you do not need to have multiple nid00027:1, you can use
nid00027:24
2) What mpi are you using? BLACS_LIBNAME:mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 is for
Intel mpi (impi library), and will fail with others.
3) Do you have the right fftw (fftw_2) for fftw3?
4) If all you are changing is the WIEN_MPIRUN then you do not need to
recompile.
5) You only need to use such a large number of CPUs for large problems. For
a small problem they will trip all over each other, and it will be slower.
Plus, it kills electrons unnecessarily.

What does just "which lapw0 ; x lapw0 -p" give using a pbs job (which I
think you are using)?

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University