[Wien] Error while doing AFM calculation

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:22:04 CEST 2021

If I recall correctly, WIEN2k 19.1 had a bug that effected R lattices
(thus your R-3m might be effected by it).

The fix might have been the

SRC_lapw1: coors.f

seen under VERSION_21: 10.4.2021 on the updates page:

http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/

If you are using gfortran to compile WIEN2k, I also have the nn patch
for WIEN2k 21.1 at:

https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Patches/tree/master/21.1

A read your P1 struct file ran fine with WIEN2k 21.1:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg21334.html

So you will probably want to try the newer 21.1 version.  If the error
still happens in 21.1 and it from a setup issue (case.struct or
init_lapw) then perhaps it could be caused by computer hardware
differences (e.g., RAM, storage space, etc.) or a compiler difference.
Some of the older ifort versions of Parallel Studio compilers caused
data issues because of a memory leak [1] or I/O problems [2].

I haven't heard any issues from WIEN2k compiled with ifort versions of
oneAPI but have not used it myself as I have been using gfortran.

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19050.html
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16588.html