[Wien] query for elastic constants

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:31:32 CEST 2021

If I understand you correctly, your system is lower in energy for a
slightly smaller lattice parameter. This is not unusual, and depends upon
what functional you use. It is standard to calculate using the cell
parameters that minimize the dft energy.

Is this right? What is the relevance of "right"? Doing phonons for a non
dft-equilibrium cell is obvious GIGO. Beyond that to band etc there is no
"right".

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Györgyi