[Wien] Steps to perform volume optimization of orthorhombic structure

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 30 10:32:02 CEST 2021

Since version 21 there is a new tool available:

optimize_abc_lapw    (for its usage see uG or -h switch)

This is the recommended way to optimize an orthorhombic structure.

PS: Otherwise, since the volume optimization is the most important
thing, I'd do first a volume optimization and eventually at the optimal
volume the others.  However, if there are larger changes, you may need
to do this at least twice (or more), because the optimal b/a depends of
course also on the optimal c/a, ....