[Wien] 'LAPW2' - semicore band-ranges too large, ghostbands ?

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Mon Apr 4 09:41:49 CEST 2022

Hello,

I do not really know if my comment is related to the presence of ghost bands, but:
1. If you wish to simulate lithiated graphene, why do you use 2 graphite layers in your model? A single sheet of graphite (=graphene) with a large vacuum should do the work.
2. I am not an expert in lithiated graphene but it seems that you have a large amount of lithium w.r.t. C. Is it in agreement with experiment? If not, you will have to increase the cell in the ab-plane and perhaps separate further away the lithium atoms.

This question has been evoked quite frequently. See, e.g., https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16471.html

Best,
Pascal