[Wien] Fwd: Ghost band error

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:37:58 CEST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: shamik chakrabarti <shamik15041981 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 at 15:18
Subject: Ghost band error

Dear Wien2k users,
                           I have tried to optimize an Al doped structure
with GGA. In the second iteration it complains about Ghost band error
appearing due to Al s orbital (l=0). By default the energy parameter as set
in case.in1c is 0.3 Ry for s orbital of Al. I have checked the case.scf1 &
case.scf2 & found that the energy parameter for Al s is ~ - 0.29 Ry.
Henceforth, I have modified the case.in1c and replaced the energy parameter
of Al s to - 0.3 Ry & the calculation is running smoothly.  My question is,
have I done the right?

with regards,

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti