[Wien] calculation of electron-phonon coupling constant

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 18 21:28:19 CEST 2022

Well, it was 20 years ago when I did such RMTA calculations and I cannot
really remember all details.

For the phase shift you have to look up the formulae and also for N1(1)
I do at the moment not fully understand the details as given in the
paper you cited.
But for sure, all those quantities can be obtained with some
modifications in atpar.f, which is part of lapw1.

My most severe problem: In the paper you quote, the DOS is clearly a DOS
of an insulator. And thus N(EF)=0, and NO superconductivity. I do not
understand how they come to a finite N(EF).

If superconductivity was measured experimentally, it must be due to
non-stoichiometry (vacancies,..), which makes it a metal.
I just see that the experimental paper even has a Sr3-xSnO formulae in
the title.