[Wien] budget CPU and Linux system for precompiled binaries

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 16 09:03:53 CET 2022

Dear All,

I am considering to build a simple Linux PC for WIEN2k, price range
between ca. 500-2000 EUR. It would be used to run band-structure
calculations.

I will run precompiled WIEN2k executables on this. Is there a preferred
CPU and Linux system that would ensure good compatibility?

I suppose this question is asked quite a lot, but hardware changes
quickly. Any comments on a particular CPU/mainboard configuration, RAM
amount, type of SSD etc. would be appreciated.

Best,
Lukasz

--
PD Dr. Lukasz Plucinski