[Wien] QTL quantization axis for Y_lm orbitals

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 22 17:52:51 CET 2022

Dear All,

I would like to calculate orbital projections for the Y_lm basis
(spherical harmonics) along some generic quantization axis using QTL
program.

Below I paste an exanple case.inq input file from the manual (page 206).
When "loro" is set to 1 one can set a "new axis z".

Is that axis the new quantization axis for the Y_lm orbitals? I just
want to make sure.

This would mean that if I set the "new axis" to 1. 0. 0., I will have
the basis of |pz+ipy>, |px>, and |pz-ipy>. It that correct?

Best,
Lukasz

PS: where can I find the "QTL - technical report by P. Novak"? I don't
see it on WIEN2k website.

-7. 2. Emin Emax
2 number of selected atoms
1 2 0 0 iatom1 qsplit1 symmetrize loro