[Wien] confusion regarding band structure of Graphene

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:02:08 CET 2022

Dear Wien2k users,

                        I have simulated a structure of Graphene monolayer
with primitive cell. I am getting DOS & voltage accurately. However, while
plotting band structure I am facing a problem. In hexagonal Graphene the
band structure can be obtained with Gamma-M-K-Gamma, where K is the dirac
point. However, in my primitive cell I am getting a Brillouin Zone of
reciprocal lattice & not able to detect the Dirac point.

The purpose of taking a primitive cell of monolayer Graphene lies on the
fact that I need control over all the C atoms.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Fellow