[Wien] A basic question regarding using GGA+U approach

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 06:40:05 CET 2022

Dear Wien2k users,

                           I have studied the intercalation of A in BS2 to
form ABS2. In this calculation, I have used Hubbard U for B in BS2, and in
ABS2 & I got reasonable voltage.
However, now I want to study the voltage corresponding to the conversion
reaction; ABS2 + A =2A2S +B. In this case, B is a metal & hence to simulate
the voltage
(1) Should I need to consider the energy value corresponding to GGA+U
approach applied to ABS2 or,
(2) Should I need to consider the energy value corresponding to GGA
approach applied to ABS2

As A & A2S & B have been simulated using GGA.

Looking forward to your reply in this regard.

with regards,

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Fellow