[Wien] FFTW3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 25 08:22:24 CET 2022

FFTW is not really time-critical in WIEN2k.

If you have only a single 16 node machine, mpi for lapw0 us not
necessary (it might be for lapw1/2; but this depends on the systems you
want to calculate).
What helps is to compile lapw0 with openmp parallelization, so an
fftw-omp version is beneficial.
lapw0 parallelizes pretty well with omp, also on 16 cores (provided you
have at least a medium sized case).
(eventually you can put   omp_lapw0:16 into .machines when you are using
this computer alone with a single job).

You also need a fftw version which is "compatible" with your fortran
compiler. If you are using ifort or gfortran, you need to use
fftw-versions compiled with the corresponding compilers.

PS: Are you sure you have 16 "physical" cores, not just 16 virtual cores
and only 8 real ones ?