[Wien] fold2bloch: unfolded band-structure plot have addition bands

Asif Ali asifa at iiserb.ac.in
Sat Jan 8 18:46:13 CET 2022

Dear Wien2k users,

I am calculating band structure for 2x2x2 supercell of hexagonal MX2 TMDC.
The required K-path is G (0 0 0) - M (1/2 0 0) - K (1/3 1/3 0) - G. But the
unfolded band plot has some additional bands in M-K direction.

Below I describe the steps used for unfolding using fold2bloch tool:

To get the folded k-path, fold.m file is used (
https://github.com/rubel75/fold2Bloch-Wien2k/blob/master/Utils/ubs_dots.m).
And used this path for "x lapw1 -band".

Copied the case.vector, case.struct, case.klist_band to f2b folder and
successfully run " fold2Bloch -c case.vector 2:2:2"

The plotted band structure using matlab script looks fine (compared with
the parent unit cell).
But the problem is that there are some extra bands appearing in the K-M
direction. For example, the band in M-K direction beginning from -0.4 eV,
should not be present.

--modification in fold.m
kpath = [0 0 0;
1/2 0 0;
1/3 1/3 0;
0 0 0]; % desired k-path after unfolding

--generated case.klist_band is attached (LDA.klist)

--ubs_dots.m modified
%% Init. parameters
KPATH = [0 0 0;
1/2 0 0;
1/3 1/3 0;
0 0 0]; % k-point path
FOLDS = [2 2 2]; % multiplicity in the corresponding directions used when
constructing the super-cell
KLABEL = {'G'; 'M';'K';'G'};
finpt = 'LDA.f2b'; % input file name

--generated plot, unfoldedband.jpg (I can send a better quality figure by
email)

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thankyou and Regards
Asif Ali

Asif Ali

PhD student, Department of Physics

Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal

Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri

Bhopal - 462 066, M.P. (INDIA)