[Wien] fold2bloch: unfolded band-structure plot have addition bands

Asif Ali asifa at iiserb.ac.in
Wed Jan 12 10:52:12 CET 2022

Dear Sir,

I am thankful for your help. I am able to plot the correct unfolded band
structure with the update plotting script.

I have one more question regarding the bands with small Bloch vector
weights. In my calculated band structure (M_0.5M'_0.5 X_2), there are bands
with Bloch weight < 0.2 in just below the conduction band. However these
bands are clearly seen in the folded band structure.
My question is that is this due to the numerical precision of the unfolding
procedure which leaves some bands behind or if it is real how to
confirm/check such a thing?
I am enclosing the figure for your reference. I have increased the marker
size 20 for a clear view of low weight bands.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thankyou and Regards
Asif