[Wien] lapwso error

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 15 09:13:20 CEST 2022

Hard to guess what went wrong. Most likely an error in case.in1 or
case.inso, when editing these files .....

case.in1:  Emax determines the number of eigenfuctions which will be
calculated for eigenvalues up to EF+Emax.
These eigenfuctions are the basis for the SO calculations in lapwso,
thus one needs more of these unoccupied states to have a good basis set
and by default init_so will set it to 5 Ry.

case.inso:  Emax determines the number of states calculated in lapwso.
Usually, this number can be kept at the default, since during a scf
cycle we are interested only in the occupied states. Only in case of a
DOS of unoccupied states at large energies above EF (or a "optics"
calculation), this number needs to be increased. Of course, if EMAX in
case.in1 was small, increasing EMAX in case.in1 will NOT help ....