[Wien] init_phonon_lapw, strange behaviour

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sun Jul 24 09:16:37 CEST 2022

Dear Peter or Pavel,
If running init_phonon for n cases using for init option "2", run init_lapw (batch mode) for every second case for positive and negative displacement,
then the last structure (n)  is wrong and has the same displacement as the last but one (n-1).
When running init_lapw for all cases the structures for n-1 and n are different, as they are supposed to be.

It's strange that it always happens only for the last case, however, I did not analyse the script in detail.
Wien2k Version 21.1, I do not remember whether it was always like that, as I didn't calculate phonons for some years.

Example for 6 cases, the structures case_5.struc and case_6.struc are the same, _1 and _2, _3 and _4, are ok, that is these 2 pairs have opposite displacements
Example for 8 cases, the structures case_7.struc and case_8.struc are the same, _1 and _2, _3 and _4, _5 and _6 are ok, that is these 3 pairs have opposite displacements

For test I attached a case.d45 file for the latter case.

Another small thing:
the command in lines 157 and 176
    cp .lcore
forces an error message because .lcore does not exist anymore, maybe it is a left over from an old version.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Institut of Physics