[Wien] Installing Wien2k_21.1 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:51:54 CEST 2022

I just installed oneAPI in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.  As it turns out, the "sudo
apt install intel-basekit" at [1] I did not have to use as the
intel-basekit was automatically installed as a dependency of "sudo apt
install intel-hpckit".  I did, however, have to setup the oneAPI
repository in Ubuntu first by copying and pasting the commands from the
Intel webpage [2].  A copy and paste of what was in my bash terminal
while performing the oneAPI install is below (with some of the unneeded
parts cut out to shorten it).  Below, you should see that ifort, icc,
and mpiifort version 2021.6.0 are what currently get installed.

username at computername:~$ ifort -v
Command 'ifort' not found, did you mean:
   command 'fort' from deb fort-validator (1.5.3-1build1)
   command 'isort' from deb isort (5.6.4-1)
Try: sudo apt install <deb name>
username at computername:~$ wget -O-
https://apt.repos.intel.com/intel-gpg-keys/GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB
\
| gpg --dearmor | sudo tee
/usr/share/keyrings/oneapi-archive-keyring.gpg > /dev/null
username at computername:~$ echo "deb
[signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/oneapi-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://apt.repos.intel.com/oneapi all main" | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/oneAPI.list
username at computername:~$ sudo apt-get update
username at computername:~$ sudo apt install intel-hpckit
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
username at computername:~$ echo "source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh
intel64" >> .bashrc
username at computername:~$ grep oneapi ~/.bashrc
source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh intel64
username at computername:~$ source ~/.bashrc
username at computername:~$ ifort -v
ifort version 2021.6.0
username at computername:~$ icc -v
icc version 2021.6.0 (gcc version 11.2.0 compatibility)
username at computername:~$ mpiifort -v
mpiifort for the Intel(R) MPI Library 2021.6 for Linux*
Copyright Intel Corporation.
ifort version 2021.6.0

[1] https://estuarine.jp/2021/03/install-oneapi/?lang=en
[2]