[Wien] Effect of TEMP on optimized structure

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:01:08 CEST 2022

With a good k-mesh the difference with TEMPS [1] & TETRA for an insulator
will be minimal. For a metal there will be a little as the default is at
room temperature. Perhaps 1/40 eV/atom, which is far less than functional
errors.

[1] TEMP is not variationally rigorous, so may introduce small errors. They
probably don't matter unless you do phonons or similar.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University